Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ap Bio Lab 8 Population Genetics

Indian wisdom

It does not interest me how you earn your money. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting the desire of your heart. It does not interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk, make up for the love of ridiculous, for your dreams, for the adventure of being alive. ...
It does not interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have the core of your own sorrow have touched, if you have been opened by the disappointments of life, or shriveled and closed from fear of further pain. I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without doing anything and to hide him to make it smaller, or to get him right. I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, whether you dance with wildness and let ecstasy fill you to can up to the tips of your Your fingers and toes without admonish us to be careful to be realistic, or to remember the limitations of being human.
It does not interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to get you to stay true to yourself, whether you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore trustworthy. I want to know if you can see beauty, even if it is not pretty every day, and if you spring from your life from ITS presence can be. I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and yet at the end of a lake 'll want to call the silver moon -. Yes.
It does not interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and broken in order to care for your children. I do not care who you are, and how is it that you're here. I want to know if you're standing in the middle of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It does not interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what is up with from the inside when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you like your company in the empty moments really.

Oriah Mountain Dreamer, author of "The Invitation"

0 comments:

Post a Comment